18 March, 2017
 |
| Image 1 |
I was not in the mood for Shepp
today. In the weeks previous to this weekend it sounded like some very
interesting events were on. Unfortunately, living down in Melbourne, it is
difficult to just jump up to Shepparton for these events I imagine they would
have been fun and interesting. Today’s events started with heading over to
Kaiela Arts for
Dunatpan. Just to
clarify, I visited here on a Saturday. To my surprise Kaiela Arts is closed on
Saturdays, something I wish I would have known. From the window it looked like
there were some nice artworks, but I guess I won’t be able to see the
collection.
 |
| Image 2 |
Time to move forward and not
dwell on what I cannot see. Next we drove up to find
Soul Deep in Nature, and then drove back down the street, and then
back up again. Don’t fret, I’m not crazy, the back and forth was because we
could not find it right away. Not being local to Shepp, I used the Shepp Fest
website to find the Billabong Garden Complex. The Google maps link provided lead
me to a church down the road, but I found it when I put the venue directly into
my maps app.
There were
a lot of interesting artworks that did not contribute to the Festival piece at
all. I was interested to walk around looking at all the weird and cool artistic
knickknacks and decorative pieces. I think that may have overwhelmed the actual
instalment. However, I do like that the pieces for the instalment were
surrounding the little in house café seating area. Given that there were only
limited pieces in the instalment, placing them in a place where people
frequent anyway is a good way to share the artwork with the community. The
artist, Sally Clark, really has eyes for the little things in our world, which
showed any passersby the beauty that we may miss from day-to-day.
(Image 1 - Kaiella Arts Studio)
(Image 2 - Kaiella Arts Studio)
No comments:
Post a Comment